Friday, May 26, 2006

Connect with people where it matters.

Connect with people where it matters.

A lesson from my friend Maxine Clark, Founder and Chief Executive Bear of Build-A-Bear Workshop, in her new book THE BEAR NECESSITIES OF BUSINESS: Building A Company With Heart.

"I have many good friends. If you gathered them all in one room, I'm sure they'd look like a mismatched bunch. Young and old. Men and women. Children and adults. Sophisticated and simple. Tall and short. Well educated and only street smart. Democrats and Republicans.

"But where it matters -- on the inside -- they're very much alike. And that's where I connect with them. They are my friends because we share common values, interests, experiences, and passions. They care about and believe in the same things that I do. And, like me, they have heart.

"My friendships have shown me how important it is to look inside to find out what people really stand for. That's crucial when you're choosing people to welcome into your life. It's essential when selecting employees for your company as well."

Connect with people where it matters -- the heart.

And check out Maxine's book. We can all learn a lot from her.

THE BEAR NECESSITIES OF BUSINESS: Building A Company With Heart

Warmest,
Keith Ferrazzi
Visit NeverEatAlone.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home